HI Jiten, as per your concern, here is a list of documents which are necessary to purchase a resale property:
1. Sale Deed- which acts as the proof of sale and transfer of property.
2. Building Plan- a building plan must be checked by the local municipal authority.
3. Completion/Occupancy Certificate- Completion certificate is issued by the municipal authority on completion of the project. Occupancy certificate is also issued by the government authority to a project once it gets completed and is deemed to be fit for living. Both of these are required while applying for water, electricity connection.
4. Encumbrance Certificate- Which ensures that the property doesnt have any dues and legal liabilities left. This can be received form the local authority from where the property is registered.
5. Tax Receipts- One should always check all the latest tax receipt which eliminates the risk of any dues left to be paid.