According to Vastu Shastra, colours play an important role in bringing balance to our minds and bodies as well as to stimulate energy.
Colours can enhance the ability to take well-balanced and careful decisions. Therefore, colours in a home, office, factory, and showroom should be coordinated with the colours of elements and planets associated with different directions as it can help stimulate mood, give good health, and makes one content in various fields of life. The colours we choose to surround ourselves also bear a special significance as they reflect our inner personality and approach to life.
Here are some guidelines which will help you choose the right colour based on vastu for every room.
- Bedroom: Light colours are suitable for bedrooms. Pinks, blues, greens, greys, and lavenders in their lighter shades keep the rooms tranquil and induce good sleep. Pink or cream coloured tiles or marble are good choice for bedroom flooring.
- Living room: The best colours for living rooms are yellow, light orange, light green, or light blue. The direction of the hall or living room can be considered while choosing a colour.
- Kitchen: A kitchen must have some tinge of red in it depicting fire. White or blue is suitable for walls and flooring of the kitchen. Orange can be a good colour for kitchen as it is a healing colour and also increases the craving for food.
- Dining room: Blue is the ideal colour for dining rooms. Shades of green and pink are also suitable for this area. Dining room being the family room, these colours can help stimulate the mind and calm down negative feelings among the family members.
- Guest room: For active and pleasant interaction with guests, opt for yellow, green, blue, orange, or lavender in their lighter hues for the guest rooms.
- Study room: To improve concentration among children and students, choose green, blue, or light purple. These colours can also help improve memory.
- Children’s room: Use green shades for kids’ rooms as it encourages concentration. Bright colours are suitable for baby rooms whether it is pink, blue, yellow, orange, or purple.
- Bathroom: White, pink, light grey, or any pastel shade is suitable for bathrooms and toilets. However, these colours should be used as per the direction of the toilet.
- Health: Different colours can have different health benefits. Green drives away anxiety while blue cures insomnia. Red can solve your weight problems while orange improves your appetite. Similarly pink relieves one from tension and yellow can help improve memory. Some colours add zest to life and energise one’s attitude where others act the opposite way.
Each colour is linked with a particular part of the human body and will affect one emotionally, physically, and mentally. It has been widely accepted that colours influence us though we might not be aware of it. Our mood, health, and happiness are affected by the colours around us.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article are solely of the author and may not represent 99acres.com's opinions on the subject. 99acres.com does not take responsibility for any actions taken based on the information shared by the author.