Mirrors play an important role in attracting positive energies in your house. Here are some Vastu tips to place mirrors effectively in your home.
Mirrors are considered to be very essential in House Vastu as they can affect the positive and negative energies of a place where they are placed. They have the capacity to stagnate energy and therefore, if it is done correctly, the power of mirrors symbolically double your wealth, health and happiness. Remember, a wrong mirror placement can do a lot of harm. Mirror positions could also ensure happy married life and positive interaction with children.
Improper construction from Vastu perspective or bringing prosperity in house can be, to a large extent, corrected by mirrors. Some of the Vastu rules for placing mirrors are -
- Narrow spaces could be corrected by placing mirrors near them.
- Mirrors placed opposite the locker doubles wealth.
- If the center of the house has a wall, it could be corrected by placing a mirror there.
- If the cook in kitchen has his/her back towards kitchen door then place a mirror/reflective tiles/reflective item such that he/she can see the door of kitchen.
- When specific corners are missing in the construction of your home or apartment, they could be corrected by placing mirrors in appropriate positions. Two mirrors are required for these Vastu remedies and they should not have any distortions. These rectifying mirrors should touch the floor.
- Mirrors are best placed in the living and dining areas. Anything your mirror reflects will be doubled. Reflection of food on the dining table doubles it, symbolizing abundance and wealth. Just make sure the mirror does not reflect the entrance or any other door and window.
- Keep mirror and reflective glass objects clean at all times; always make sure that mirror shows a clear picture or reflection of anyone standing in front. Avoid keeping broken, rusted, soiled, dirty, unusable, antique mirrors at home.
- Mirrors in the room/bathroom should be on east or north walls.
- Mirror should be placed within 4 to 5 feet above ground level in dressing rooms.
- Go for square or rectangular shaped mirror, they are considered best; do not place oval, round or other irregular shaped mirrors.
- Always hang mirror flat against the wall and not leaning forward.
Here are the things that your mirror must never reflect –
- Doors and windows: Mirrors should not face the main gate as they reflect the energy entering the residence.
- Bed: Mirrors should be avoided in bedrooms since they affect peaceful sleep. Your image on the mirrors should not be visible from your sleeping position. Mirror could be bouncing energy in the bedroom, and keeping you awake, restless and full of worries. Avoid mirror next to the bed or on the wall above the bed. If you can see your reflection in the mirror while lying down on the bed it will bring a third person in your relationship.
- Another mirror/computer screen: Mirrors should not be placed opposite each other. Vastu Shastra warns that such placement would encourage restlessness.
- Mirrors should not face North or East: Mirrors reflect away the positive energy entering the premises from the North and East directions.
- Do not place the mirrors on South wall: The south corner has fire energy. And the mirror has water energy. So placing mirror on the south extinguishes the fire energy in your home or living room. This will extinguish the fame luck of the south corner and bring a bad name to you. Also it might give heated arguments or accidents or bad luck due to the clash of fire and water. It may also make children stubborn and arrogant.
- Toilet seat: It is not advisable to have mirrors in the bathroom. However, if you feel it is necessary, keep it covered. The mirror should never reflect the toilet seat/WC. Mirrors in the bathroom should be sufficiently lighted and never kept in the dark.
- Flames in the kitchens: Do not have mirror tiled kitchen that will reflect the flames. Mirror symbolizes water. And water clashes with fire. So it is best to keep mirrors out of kitchen.
- Cluttered items/dirty drains or other unpleasant views/pointed arrows or sharp corners of furniture or walls: Make sure the mirror is not reflecting dirty drains, or pile of clutter or sharp edges of walls or furniture. If the wall mirror also reflect pleasant views from outdoors either a river or healthy growing plants or rolling hills - that suggest a vast expanse of pure energy. Views of trees bring in growth, while views of scenic mountains bring great relationships.
- Mirrors should not be kept near the stairs: A mirror placed at the bottom of the stairs will cut off the feet or head; avoid placing here.
- Distorted or unclear image of yours/body of the tallest member with his head cut off: If the mirror reflects your image without your head then it impacts your self-esteem. You must place your mirror at a height where you do not have to bend to see your image in the mirror.
- Avoid transparent glass window panes and doors; keep them translucent.
- Avoid using unframed mirror.
- Do not place a mirror behind sofa or bed.
- Kids lose concentration in studies if there is a mirror near study table; hence avoid it.
- A mirror on West wall in kid’s bedroom keeps them busy in influencing opposite gender people; hence avoid this too.
- Avoid mirrored tiles and ceilings as they will distort your image.
Following above mentioned mirror placement tips will ensure that all the mirrors in your home are attracting and enhancing positive energy around you and your loved ones. Furthermore, this will also ensure that you always have plenty and more of prosperity, abundance, wealth and happiness in your life.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article are solely of the author and may not represent 99acres.com's opinions on the subject. 99acres.com does not take responsibility for any actions taken based on the information shared by the author.