Southern Peripheral Road (SPR) in New Gurgaon is drawing increased attention from end-users and investors alike. Read on to know the reasons that are making SPR, the growing real estate hub in the region-
A crucial link between Faridabad-Gurgaon Road, Golf Course Extension Road and Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, the Southern Peripheral Road (SPR) is an emerging realty hotspot in New Gurgaon. It is believed that it will emerge as a posh locality having a mix of residential and commercial properties, in the next few years.
Positioned as an up-market location, this 16 km long and 150 metre wide road intersects Sohna Road at Badshahpur and connects NH-8 to the Golf Course Extension Road. With excellent connectivity to the existing commercial hubs and rapidly developing social infrastructure, residential as well as commercial realty market of SPR is expected to fetch good return on investments in the years to come.
Advantages of investing on SPR
There are many factors that are working in favour of SPR and making it an excellent upcoming residential hub.
- Excellent connectivity: Proximity with the developed areas of Gurgaon and the commercial hubs nearby are primarily the main factors working in favour of this location. Excellent connectivity to the Golf Course Extension Road, Gurgaon-Sohna Road and NH-8 is also an advantage. SPR is also linked to Dwarka Expressway through National Peripheral Road (NPR). Further, through Hero Honda Chowk, Rajiv Chowk and NH-8 on SPR, one can easily reach Delhi, Faridabad and Gurgaon.
- Educational institutes nearby: The area offers better social infrastructure and amenities in comparison to the NPR. BMW Training Centre and Suraj Public School are on the SPR while going towards Gurgaon-Jaipur Highway.
- Nearby residential hubs: The residential areas adjacent to the SPR include Gurgaon Sectors 69, 70, 70A, 71, 73, and some portions of Sector 48. Approximately 20,000 housing units are under-construction in various sectors along this road.
- Affordable prices: The under-construction properties are currently priced within Rs 4,500-9,500 per sq ft, which is approximately 20-30 percent lesser than the projects along Sohna Road and Golf Course Extension Road.
- Presence of premium projects: The belt is touted to become a premium residential hub in future due to the presence of luxurious and ultra-luxurious projects equipped with modern amenities such as clubs, swimming pools, gym, promised high specification in terms of interiors and other facilities in the area. Majority of the apartments in the location configured as 3 and 4BHK sized between 1,500 and 3,000 sq ft.
- Proximity to commercial spaces: Besides residential realty, this area also has a great potential for institutional and commercial development. Sectors 74, 75 and front belt of 71 and 73 are designated for commercial development. SPR is also in close proximity with DLF Corporate Greens (having the Tata Consultancy Services office), next to NH-8.
- Future plans: As per the New Gurgaon-Sohna Master Plan 2031, few major infrastructure projects are planned along the SPR. They include extension of Delhi Metro Yellow Line, extending the road to a six-lane expressway and linking it to Gurgaon-Faridabad Road. Once completed, SPR will provide excellent connectivity of NH-8 to Golf Course Extension road.
Ready-to-move-in properties in the region
The major sectors which fall under SPR include Sectors 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 and 75, out of which Sectors 69 and 70 are the most developed and popular due to their close and direct proximity with Faridabad, Sohna and Gurgaon-Sohna Road. Sector 69 is also just a stone throwing distance from various commercial establishments and malls including Spaze, JMD etc.
Given the factors working in favour of SPR, many prominent developers like Tulip Infratech, Tata Housing, DLF, Unitech, GPL, AIPL and BTTP, amongst others, have their presence in the region with both ready-to-move and upcoming luxury projects.
Bright future ahead
The development near SPR is picking pace. The 50 metre patch, which was not constructed yet due to legal litigation, has also got the clearance. Thus, the area has a bright future ahead. The region offers a host of options for investment by reputed developers at affordable prices which are anticipated to witness a capital appreciation of 25-30 percent in the near future. When fully operational, more developers are expected to launch their projects in the area which is bound to see much positive growth in the coming years. Thus, the demand for residential properties along the SPR is touted to increase manifold in future.
For success of any township we would need jobs nearby and basic amenities. At SPR, there are plenty of jobs due to vast urbanisation and commercial activities. Second, the place is extremely well connected through wide, well-built roads offering easy approach to Faridabad, Gurgaon and Manesar.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article are solely of the author and may not represent 99acres.com's opinions on the subject. 99acres.com does not take responsibility for any actions taken based on the information shared by the author.