Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), an ambitious affordable housing project by the central government is encouraging developers to make inroads into this segment. For those of you who plan to avail the benefits under the housing project, 99acres.com enlists the eligibility criteria and application process guide to ensure a hassle-free registration.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) launched on June 1, 2015 is a flagship housing project that aims to provide housing opportunity to every citizen of India. The scheme extensively focusses on providing low-cost pucca homes to both urban and rural poor. If you too plan to own a house under the incentivised scheme, there are only three months left to apply under the project.
PMAY is an initiative undertaken by the Central government for providing affordable housing options for Lower Income Groups (LIG) and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).The scheme was originally rolled out for only the LIG and EWS homebuyers, however, it has now been extended to the Middle Income Group (MIG) consumers as well.
“In a bid to fulfill the massive goal, the government recently announced a new Private Public Partnership (PPP) policy for affordable housing permitting central assistance of up to Rs 2.50 lakh per house to be built by private builders even on private land. Additionally, the PPP policy opens up immense potential for private investments in affordable housing projects on government land in urban areas,” shares, Sriram Mahadevan, Business Head, Happinest, Mahindra Lifespaces.
Before you buy a registration form, or think of applying online, take a look at the eligibility criteria and the detailed application process.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban
The housing scheme in urban India extends to below groups:
· Households with an annual income of up to Rs 3 lakh will be defined under EWS.
· Low Income Group (LIG) people are also eligible to get benefits under PMAY. To be classified under LIG you will have provide proof that your annual household income is between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 6 lakh.
· Middle Income Group (MIG) 1, a person earning less than Rs 12 lakh per year is entitled to avail a loan of up to Rs 9 lakh with a maximum subsidy of Rs 2.35 lakh under credit-linked subsidy scheme (CLSS)
· ) 2, a person earning less than Rs 18 lakh can avail a loan of up to Rs 12 lakh and would be entitled to avail a maximum subsidy of Rs 2.30 lakh under CLSS.
· Minority Groups: Those hailing from minority communities such as ST, SC and OBC have to provide caste certificates to enlist under the PMAY scheme.
· The PMAY urban beneficiary family should not own a pucca house either in his/her name or in the name of any member of his/her family anywhere in India, to be eligible to receive central assistance under the mission.
· Other clauses of eligibility: Although there are no strict regulations, if the beneficiary is a family, then the family must comprise of a husband, a wife and children who are unmarried. This is the basic criteria for acting as a beneficiary.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rural
The housing scheme in PMAY rural includes:
How to apply for PMAY Urban Awas Yojana ?
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development has set up a simple process in which the beneficiary can either go to Common Service Centers (CSC) situated in the area, who would provide an application form in lieu of nominal fee of Rs 25. Besides, the candidate has to carry the Aadhar card and a photograph for submission of the form.
For direct online registration, PMAY urban beneficiaries can click on the link below https://registration.csc.gov.in/pmay/RegAuth.aspx
The form basically has two pages and requires a person to fill all key details about themselves.
- Page 1: The first page requires the applicants to mention the Aadhaar number. Once the number is verified, the application proceeds to the next page.
- Page 2: The second page is for the personal details of the applicant. He/she needs to provide information pertinent to the state they are residing in, the head of the family, current residential address, and other such key details.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Rural?
As mentioned before, beneficiary will be selected on the basis of SECC 2011 data. Any interested individual can avail the benefit of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Gramin scheme if he/she is listed in the Socio Economic and Caste Census of 2011 (SECC 2011)
· The financial assistance under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojna will be transferred directly to the Bank or Post Office account of the beneficiary. For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin list you can visit http://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/home.aspx