- Hyderabad showed positive spikes in terms of sales volume and new supply in Oct-Dec 2021. In Q4 2021 alone, Hyderabad posted a sale of over 11,000 units, majorly concentrated to large-spaced apartments - 3BHK units measuring 1,500- 2,500 sq ft.
- Over 15,000 new homes were added in Oct-Dec 2021, translating into a 16 percent increase as compared to the same quarter last year.
- Localities such as Kukatpally, Miyapur, Kondapur, Manikonda and Kokapet saw maximum demand for spacious 2BHK properties priced within Rs 40-70 lakh.
- In Oct-Dec 2021, the listing rates of properties in Hyderabad increased by a marginal one percent, QoQ. On the flip side, the average rental 'asks' went south by four percent in Q4 2021 compared to the same quarter in 2020.
* Supply is basis properties listed on 99acres.com * Demand is basis queries received on 99acres.com
Backed by State’s strong fundamentals and robust infrastructure, the residential real estate segment in Hyderabad showed
positive spikes in terms of sales volume and new supply in Oct-Dec 2021. With over 25,000 housing sales in the calendar
year, the city witnessed a substantial jump of over 190 percent, YoY. In Oct-Dec 2021 alone, Hyderabad posted a sale of over 11,000 units, with 3 BHK units measuring 1,500- 2,500 sq ft, encompassing the maximum share.
New supply was aggressively added during the last quarter of the year as many builders received building approvals for residential projects that had been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Over 15,000 new homes were added in Oct-Dec 2021, translating into a 16 percent increase as compared to the same quarter last year. Buyer demand for new and resale properties in the mid-segment (Rs 40-80 lakh) and luxury segment (Rs 80 lakh- 1.5 crore) also registered improvement. Localities, such as Kukatpally, Miyapur, Kondapur, Manikonda and Kokapet saw maximum demand for spacious 2 BHK properties
priced within Rs 40-70 lakh.
The influx of fresh inventory at competitive rates, new commercial deals and sound infrastructure including the Strategic Road Development Plan (SRDP) improved the overall home buying sentiment in the studied quarter. Moreover, with large investments moving apace in the IT/ITeS sector, stalwarts predict that property values in Hyderabad are only set to rise in the ensuing quarters.
Key micro-markets across budget segments
|Key micromarkets||Average Capital 'Asks'||Average Rental 'Asks'||Rental Yield|
|Within Rs 40 lakh||Chandanagar||3,400-4,300||13||3.54%|
|Rs 40 lakh - Rs 1 crore||Miyapur||3,500-4,600||11||3.10%|
|Rs 1 crore and above||Gachibowli||5,600-8,000||18||2.98%|
* Note: Rental Yield has been calculated for a 1,000 sq ft apartment. **Average property prices and rental rates have been calculated as per listings posted on 99acres.com in the studied quarter. ***The range of property prices may vary by 10 percent depending on the age and furnishing status of the residential apartments