1.Dejunk: Throw the useless old things in your home as they obstruct the positive energy from entering in. Make your home neat and clean this Diwali. It will pave the way for prosperity and dissipate stagnant energy too.
2. Decorate: Embellish the main door with a Toran made with mango leaves and garland of marigold flowers to bring good luck, happiness and success to your home. Toran symbolizes nature’s abundance and attracts blessings of God.
3. Place earmarked for valuables: According to Vastu Shastra, the North direction is ruled by lord of wealth- Kuber and is known as Kuberasthana. This direction is the best place for keeping the safe/locker where you keep your valuables. Keeping a statue of Goddess Lakshmi in the safe with your valuables saves and increases them.
4. Jalasthana: Keeping water reservoirs in the East direction is considered very auspicious. It will help to start new projects and make progress in life.
5. Recharge money inflow: Take three coins, wrap them up in red cloth and place them next to a water bowl in the north. This will charge up the north zone energy and will lead to increase in money inflow.
6. Right way to keep diyas: The number of diyas to be kept on the parapet and the boundary wall should be in multiples of four, as each diya represents the reigning deities of Diwali – Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Ganesh, Kuber and Indra. You should not separate them.
7. Rangoli: Make Rangoli near the entrance of the house and also in front of the Puja room for creating a positive environment. Use the traditional materials viz. sand or rice powder mixed with food colours for creating Rangoli.
8. Brahmasthana: Keeping a crystal bowl filled with water and rose petals in the brahmasthana of the house also brings positive vibes to your home. Float five diyas or candles in it and light them after sunset.
9. Mirror positivity: Place mirrors on the north and east walls of your house as they symbolically duplicate the positive energy of kubersthana and indrasthana and bring in knowledge and wealth.
10. Prosperity trail: Welcome Goddess Lakshmi to the Puja room by stamping small footprints systematically from the entrance of the house to the Puja room. These footprints are supposed to bring wealth, happiness and prosperity in the house.
11. Direction of the Deity: According to Vastu, the statues of Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha, Indra and Kuber must be placed in such a manner that the face of worshipper should be towards North-East or North or East direction while praying.
These simple steps would certainly contribute towards bringing positivity in your household and bestow overall fortune.