|Stamp duty fee highest in Hyderabad among metros|
|Articles - Legal & Tax|
|Friday, 30 November 2012 12:52|
Are you buying a property in Hyderabad? It is important for you to know the additional costs that you will be required to pay at the time of registering a flat. Each city has different stamp duty charges depending upon state laws. Both, registration and stamp duty charges are compulsory payments.
While stamp duty is a tax levied by state governments, registration value is levied for keeping the records of the sale document. Compared to other cities, Hyderabad has a higher stamp duty charge.
The stamp duty charge in the city is 7.5 per cent for both male and female property buyers. The registration charge is 1 per cent of the total value of the property. The stamp duty charges are not revised for a long time in Hyderabad. The state government fixes up the market value of each and every place.
You may also like to Read
Property Trendz (57)
- Floor Area Ratio in Noida-Multiple revisions the norm among developers
- Elections to positively impact real estate prices, reveals 99acres Survey
- Distressed Properties: Should You Invest in Them?
- Emerging IT driven pockets of growth in Bengaluru
- Rising Entrepreneurship Leads to Higher Absorption of Office Spaces